Amendments to the Government Sector Employment (General) Rules 2014 (the GSE Rules) came into effect on 2 September 2019.
Details of the amendments are set out in the Government Sector Employment (General) Rules (Amendment No 10—Miscellaneous) 2019. The main intention of the amendments is to:
• Simplify assessment processes by making clear that the minimum requirement is for an assessment of focus capabilities, knowledge and experience, rather than an assessment of all the capabilities in the role description along with knowledge and experience
• Improve talent pools by extending their maximum duration from 12 to 18 months and allowing referee checks to be done when considering a person for employment
• Remove obsolete transitional provisions in rules 20 and 22D.
This fact sheet provides more details on the changes to assessment processes:
• Fact sheet: Merit-based employment – Simplified assessment processes.
This fact sheet provides more details on the changes to talent pools:
• Fact sheet: Merit-based employment – Talent pools.