We work with NSW public sector agencies to develop sector-wide policies and programs to support our Aboriginal employees and the citizens of NSW.
Our aims are to:
- improve employment outcomes by attracting more Aboriginal people to work in our sector
- empower our current Aboriginal employees to develop their capabilities and careers
- support all employees across our sector to build Aboriginal cultural capabilities and work in a trauma-informed way
- support sector agencies to understand and use data to inform planning and decision making
- connect employees through networking, forums and programs.
Aboriginal Employment Strategy 2019 - 2025
Supporting our ambition to achieve a culturally safe and capable NSW public sector that reflects the communities we serve and where Aboriginal employees feel supported, respected, valued and empowered to pursue their career aspirations.
Our focus areas
Our cultural capability training package to help you understand Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture and how past policies and practices continue to affect the community today.
Acknowledgement of Country
How to deliver an Acknowledgement of Country in face-to-face meetings, online, in published material and when distributing e-resources.
Knowing our workforce
Using data and research, networking events and knowledge sharing, and engaging with our sector advisory group.