A NSW Government website
Public Service Commission

Accessing PSC information GIPA

Information available on this website and accessible under the GIPA Act.

Accessing PSC information (GIPA)

To promote open, accountable, fair and effective government in NSW, members of the public have a right to access government information. This right is restricted only when there is an overriding public interest against disclosing the particular information. 

The Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (NSW) (known as the GIPA Act) replaced the Freedom of Information Act 1989 (NSW) (the FOI Act) on 1 July 2010. The GIPA Act establishes a comprehensive system for public access to government information.   

PSC Disclosure Log

Our disclosure log is a record of information that the Commission has released, often in response to a specific request from an individual or organisation under the GIPA Act that the Commission thinks could also be of interest to other members of the public. 

The disclosure log sets out the date the decision was made to release the information; a description of the information released; and details about whether that information is currently available and how it can be accessed. 

PSC Disclosure Log

This log lists all information released since 2012.

Download the PSC Disclosure Log

How to access information held by the PSC

There are three ways to access our information: 

  1. Search this website. We publish a large volume of material on this website. This is called open access information. Find out more about the open access information available on our website.  
  2. Make an informal request. If the information you are searching for has not already been published by the Commission, but is information which raises no particular concerns in terms of possible public interest reasons why it should be kept confidential, then the Commission may be able to release it to you via an informal request. Read about what kind of information this may cover and how to access these materials
  3. Formally apply for access. If the information you are searching for is not on this website and not otherwise routinely provided by the Commission on request, then you have a right to formally apply for access to specific information

Information not publicly available

An access application may be made for all information held by the Commission, however, if there is an overriding public interest against the release of particular information then access will not be granted. Find out what types of information will not be made publicly available.