Role descriptions give clear and practical information about a role including about the occupation and organisational context. Role descriptions are the basis for:
- job evaluation
- explaining the role to employees, managers and job applicants
- determining assessment standards for recruitment and mobility
- informing performance agreements and reviews
- identifying learning and development activities
- planning career development and progression.
Role Description Builder
Easily populate necessary role description content to create a role description.
Sector role description library
Browse role descriptions for roles that are common in the NSW public sector.