Role descriptions give clear and practical information about a role including about the occupation and organisational context. Role descriptions are the basis for:
- job evaluation
- explaining the role to employees, managers and job applicants
- determining assessment standards for recruitment and mobility
- informing performance agreements and reviews
- identifying learning and development activities
- planning career development and progression.
Role Description Builder
The Role Description Builder allows you to easily populate necessary role description content, including the capabilities required for the role from the NSW Public Sector Capability Framework Version 2: 2020 and Occupation Specific Capability Sets, to create a role description.
- The Role Description Builder is hosted on an external website. If you are unable to access this tool, please contact your internal ICT team for assistance.
- The email functionality of the Role Description Builder is currently experiencing technical difficulties. In the meantime, to save the link to your role description (usually provided in the email), please copy and save the link. This will ensure you can continue to access and edit your generated role description.