Guidelines for Employee Networks
Employee Networks are voluntary groups of employees formed with common interests and objectives to enhance the workplace experience of target employee demographic/s.
Effective workplace networks can increase employee engagement, enthusiasm and collaboration. They can also demonstrate an employer’s commitment to building a supportive workplace culture.
Steps to setting up employee networks
1. Get Started
- Identify target employee group
- Secure an Executive Sponsor
- Define mission and goals, as well as membership criteria.
2. Establish the Operating Structure and Members
- Draft Operating Charter
- Recruit members and hold first meeting
- Agree annual plan of activities.
3. Launch Your Network
- Develop a communication plan
- Launch your Employee Network
- Promote your network ‘s mission, goals and opportunities to get involved.
4. Sustainability & Longevity
- Ongoing recruitment of members and succession planning
- Measuring for impact
- Reward and recognition of members.
Refer to the full Employee Networks guidelines for detail on each of these steps.