- 2 May 2016 - Applications open
- 30 June 2016 - Applicants submit their online application AND provide 5 hard copies of their application to their Department by this date, before 5pm
- 4 July 2016 - Departments sends all applications to the Chief Scientific Officer at the Department of Primary Industries (DPI)
- 11 July 2016 - Referees submit completed on-line questionaires by this date
- Mid July to August 2016 - The Department of Primary Industries contacts applicants to schedule interviews
- August 2016 - Interviews held at the PSC offices on Bligh Street Sydney
Instructions for applicants
Applicants need to complete and submit an online application form. An Application ID number will be automatically provided as a receipt number and confirmation of your submission.
To register and apply follow these steps:
- Visit http://rs.psc.nsw.gov.au/
- Fill in ALL form fields. If there are any blank fields the application will not be accepted. Where information cannot be provided please enter 'unknown'.
USER NOTE: if copying and pasting information such as referee email addresses ensure that you do not inadvertently copy any blank spaces before or after the text. If you do this the application may be rejected because of an unrecognised email address.
- Click Submit and record the Application ID. This is a unique number that will be used in all correspondence involving the application.
- Print the Application Cover Sheet from the website. The cover sheet is a summary of your application information and you will need to attach it to your written application.
- Provide 5 copies of your written application to your department. Manually attach a copy of the printed Cover Sheet to each copy of your written application.
Home Departments will have a central point for the collection of all applications.
Interviews will be conducted during the month of August 2015 at the Public Service Commission’s offices on level 14, Bligh House, 4-6 Bligh St, Sydney NSW 2000.
Information for Departments
Departments need complete the Department’s online summary sheet and manually attach this to the hard copies of the applications they receive.
Departments must send all hard copies of applications to the Chief Scientific Officer, no later than COB 4 July 2016.
The Chief Scientific Officer
Department of Primary Industries
161 Kite St
Locked Bag 21
Orange NSW 2800
Department of Primary Industries will undertake the provision of the applications, including completed referee questionnaires, to the Research Scientists Classification Committee, and assist in the scheduling of interviews.
Information for Referees
Once an online application is received, referees will be emailed a report questionnaires to complete to support the applicant. Referees are required to submit their completed on-line questionnaires by no later than COB 11 July 2016.
Further information and technical support
Applicants enquiries: Applicants are to contact their Department for further information.
Departmental enquiries: Departments seeking information are to complete our online contact form.
If you experience technical difficulties in using this system please contact us.