- 2020 Research Scientist Application rounds will commence on 13 July 2020.
- Applicants can apply online using this link: https://rsc.awardsplatform.com
- Applicants will be able to submit online application by COB, 31 August 2020
- It is expected that the interviews will take place in October 2020 virtually or at the PSC offices.
- Details of the classification and the assessment criteria for each level of the classification are included in the revised 2020 Research Scientist Classification Policy and Guidelines (“the Guidelines”). Please note this version supersedes the 2012 version of the Guidelines.
Further information and technical support
- Applicant enquiries: Applicants are to contact their Agency for further information.
- Agency enquiries: Agencies seeking information can contact Chelsea Butler at Department of Primary Industries on (02) 6391 4623 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Agencies can also contact the Chair of the Research Scientist Classification Committee, Dr Bob Creese on 0419204967 or via email email@example.com for any additional enquiries.
Instructions for applicants
Applicants need to complete and submit an online application form with the required documents. On submission of the application the applicant’s nominated referees, supervisor and the agency contact person will receive a link to complete their respective reports online. Please ensure that you provide the contact details for each nominated person correctly. Please check with your agency who the nominated contact person is before starting your application. Please note that there is a new standard template for completion of your supervisor report. You will be able to view your supervisor’s report online upon completion.
To register and apply please follow these steps:
- Complete the application by using this link: https://rsc.awardsplatform.com
- Fill in ALL fields provided in the form. If there are any blank fields the application will not be accepted.
- Once your application is submitted your Agency will automatically receive a copy of your application to complete their summary report. You no longer need to provide your agency with a printed copy of your written application. You will be able to attach the required documentation with your application form.
Interviews will be conducted during the month of October 2020 at the Public Service Commission’s offices on level 4, 255 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000 or virtually.
Information for Agencies
The nominated contact person from the Agency will receive a link to complete and submit the Agency’s online summary report. Agencies will need to inform the applicant who is their nominated contact person so they can provide this information on the application form. The Agency will be able to view the completed application form online along with applicant’s supervisors report.
The Agency will need to complete their report, no later than COB 18 September 2020.
Regional NSW will provide the applications, including completed referee questionnaires, to the Research Scientists Classification Committee, and will assist in the scheduling of interviews.
Information for Referees
Once the online application is submitted, referees will receive a link to complete the online report questionnaire to support the applicant. Referees are required to submit their completed questionnaires by no later than COB 18 September 2020.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their nominated referees are individually aware of their nomination and will be able to provide their report within the required time frame. If a referee's report has not been submitted, the applicant's written application will be distributed to the interview panel without the referee's report and this may impact on the applicant's final classification.