- 1 May 2019- Research Scientist Applications open
- 30 June 2019 - Applicants submit their online application AND send electronic copies of their application either via email or on USB to their Department by this date, before 5 pm
- 7 July 2019 - Departments sends all applications to the Chief Scientist at the Department of Primary Industries (DPI)
- 14 July 2019 - Referees submit completed questionnaires by this date and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mid July to August 2019 - The Department of Primary Industries contacts the applicants to schedule interviews
- August 2019 - Interviews held at the PSC offices on Level 4, 255 George Street Sydney
Instructions for applicants
Applicants need to complete and submit an online application form. On submission they will receive an email as acknowledgement of their submission, containing an unique Application ID number.
To register and apply please follow these steps:
- Access the application form
- Fill in ALL form fields provided in the form. If there are any blank fields the application will not be accepted. Where information cannot be provided please enter 'unknown'.
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of the application form and you will receive an email of your application cover sheet.
- Please print the acknowledgement email that you have received. The email is a summary of your application information and you will need to attach it to your written application.
- Provide one copy of your written application to your department. Manually attach a copy of the printed cover sheet to your written application.
Home Departments will have a central point for the collection of all applications.
Interviews will be conducted during the month of August 2019 at the Public Service Commission’s offices on level 4, 255 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
Information for Departments
Departments need to complete the Department’s online summary sheet and manually attach this to the hard copy of the applications they receive.
Departments must send electronic copies of applications to the DPI Chief Scientist (email@example.com), no later than COB 7 July 2019.
If there are any issues with sending electronically (for example, due to file sizes) please ensure you send via USB thumb drive (no later than COB 7 July 2019) to:
- Chief Scientist's Branch
Department of Primary Industries
161 Kite St
Locked Bag 21
Orange NSW 2800
Department of Primary Industries will undertake the provision of the applications, including completed referee questionnaires, to the Research Scientists Classification Committee, and assist in the scheduling of interviews.
Information for Referees
Once an online application is received, referees will be emailed a report questionnaire to complete and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org to support the applicant. Referees are required to submit their completed questionnaires by no later than COB 14 July 2019.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their nominated referees are individually aware of their nomination and will be able to provide their report within the required time frame. If a referee's report has not been submitted, the applicant's written application will be distributed to the interview panel without the referee's report and this may impact on the applicant's final classification.
Further information and technical support
Applicants enquiries: Applicants are to contact their Department for further information.
Departmental enquiries: Departments seeking information please contact Chelsea Butler at Department of Primary Industries on (02) 6391 3120 or email@example.com.