What is it?
The PSC Workforce Dashboard is an analytical tool that enables NSW Public Sector Departments and agencies to answer important questions regarding their workforce on issues such as engagement, performance and productivity. It also allows them to benchmark against other agencies, and can be used to investigate the links between workforce strategies, practices and business outcomes.
Where is the data coming from?
The Workforce Dashboard currently draws data from the collections managed by the PSC: Workforce Profile, People Matter Employee Survey, I work for NSW recruitment data and the Agency Survey. It’s built using powerful data visualisation software that allows users to interact with data from any screen size and device.
Who is it for?
The Workforce Dashboard is designed to meet the needs of business users (e.g. managers, Senior Executives and Department Secretaries) and HR analysts in the NSW Public Sector. Depending on each user’s role and data access level, the dashboard will display the information relevant to them.
What is included?
To cater for the two audiences mentioned above, the dashboard is divided into two separate streams: Managers and Workforce Analysts.
The Managers stream includes the following apps:
- KPIs: displays performance, benchmarking and analysis for the sector-wide key performance indicators;
- Indicators: gives an overview of how Departments and agencies are performing across a broader range of workforce measures;
- Benchmarking: shows how Departments and agencies compare against their peers and the Sector average;
- PMES: provides aggregate analysis of People Matter Employee Survey data at indicator and question level; and
- Understand Bullying: an innovative management tool that monitors areas of risk associated with bullying.
The Workforce analysts stream includes two further apps:
- Geospatial: shows the distribution of employees and enables the analysis of characteristics of the Public Sector workforce across NSW;
- Analytics: allows the user to interrogate data and investigate specific workforce-related business problems.
Future development and updates to the dashboard
The content of the dashboard will continue to evolve as additional data sources become available and in response to the feedback of the user community. The Workforce Analytics Community of Practice is a forum where licensed dashboard users and workforce analysts can share knowledge, experience and ideas to help build analytic capability across the sector and inform the dashboard development.
How to access the dashboard?
The PSC has a number of licences available for use across the NSW Public Sector, and heads of HR have nominated their licenced users. Additional licences may be available and interested parties should contact us for further information.
If you have any questions, are interested in accessing the dashboard, or have feedback on the dashboard, email us at PSC_WorkforceDashboard@psc.nsw.gov.au or call Workforce Information on 9272 6123.