Measuring your organisation’s attitude and adoption of flexible working can help you set a benchmark and identify areas for progress so that flexible working can become business as usual.
You may consider tracking People Matter Employee Survey results and supplementing this with internal pulse surveys for more regular data.
Questions asked in pulse surveys could include any questions in the People Matter Employee Survey, and:
- I feel I can talk to my manager about working flexibly for any reason
- My manager explores the flexible working options possible for my role and team, to find a mutually beneficial solution
- I can easily set up a flexible working arrangement based on current agency processes and procedures (not including technology)
- My use of flexible working allows me to manage my workload more effectively
- My commitment to the team or organisation would be questioned if I worked flexibly
- My team or work group has a spirit of co-operation and support that enables flexibility for all members in how, when and where work is done.