Open, constructive conversations between employees and their managers are key to effective performance. Employees and people managers at all levels have a responsibility to work collaboratively to:
- clarify expectations relevant to the role and organisation
- align objectives with the organisation’s direction to support the delivery of business outcomes
- regularly discuss performance and provide meaningful and constructive feedback to one another
- identify capability strengths and areas for development
- review objectives to maintain alignment with organisational priorities.
At the organisational level, the framework sets out requirements to evaluate and strengthen practices and systems. This includes measuring the effectiveness of people managers, utlilising performance information as an input for broader talent management practices, and evaluating outcomes.
Measuring whether performance management systems and practices are delivering the desired impact will support informed investment for ongoing performance development.