Human Capital Management (HCM) offers employees, managers, HR and senior decision makers the opportunity to see workforce capabilities, experience, knowledge and aspirations in a new way.
HCM information systems provide leading edge tools that our sector can use to develop as a modern and dynamic workforce and build on the opportunities that come with the Government Sector Employment Act 2013.
What is HCM?
Click on play (the arrow button) below to watch this 2.21 min video to learn more.
HCM products that have met NSW Government requirements.
Business Case Toolkit
Resources to assist agencies to develop a business case for an HCM project.
The thinking behind HCM is that:
- Employees are a valuable resource (not a cost)
- An organisation’s future value and productivity is built through good workforce management practice
- Visibility of capabilities, skills, experience and aspirations across our workforce, to get a picture of where we are at, plan for where we need to be, access the capabilities needed for particular priorities
- Managers can deploy staff to meet changing workforce requirements, and align their team’s contribution to corporate goals and business priorities
- Employees are aware of their own capabilities and of opportunities to develop them, can see where the opportunities are and are active in directing their career
The Public Service Commission (PSC) regards the implementation of integrated HCM systems as vital to the sector, particularly in the areas of performance development, capability and mobility.
If you have any questions, please contact the HCM team