Pre-hire attraction assistance
This will be provided by the employer in limited cases in circumstances where the executive is unfamiliar with the destination location. Assistance provided may include economy class travel, and reasonable accommodation, transport and meal expenses.
The pre-hire visit to the destination location should be undertaken within a three day period.
These relocation expenses must be pre-approved by the employer and the executive must provide evidence of the expenses incurred.
Post-hire moving expenses
The reasonable costs to pack, upload, move, store, insure and deliver the executive’s household possessions to the destination location will also be met.
- 40 cubic metres for a family of four, pro-rata for additional family members
- Relocation of 2 cars
- Relocation of 2 domestic pets
- Single economy class airfares for all family members relocating
- Storage costs capped at six months
- Insurance costs for usual household items capped at 4% of value (Note: insurance cover for rare pieces or collections will be at the executive’s expense)
These expenses must be pre-approved by the employer and the executives must provide evidence of the expenses incurred.
In some cases an executive has commitments that will delay their family’s relocation but the employer requires the executive to commence immediately.
Post-hire commuting expenses for unaccompanied executives include:
- Short term serviced apartment rental (reasonable market cost) up to maximum of 12 weeks
- Economy return travel to the family’s location weekly if within Australia
- Arrangements in cases of international separation to be the subject of specific exceptional approval by the Secretary or head of a separate agency or head of a non-Public Service agency.
These expenses must be pre-approved by the employer and the executive must provide evidence of the expenses incurred.
Living expenses during the commuting period are to be met by the executive.