What policies cover workforce transition?
Policies on workforce transition made before the start of the Government Sector Employment Act 2013 stay in place and apply to the Public Service. On 12 August 2014, the Public Service Commissioner notified those policies on workforce transition under Rule 13 of the Government Sector Employment (General) Rules 2014 (see notification of applicable policies).
Agencies should always consider the impact on their people when restructuring – this includes providing early and consistent communication with employees; offering appropriate support; and providing a clear rationale and vision for the change.
If you have an enquiry, please direct it to email@example.com
Key workforce transition guidelines include:
- Managing excess employees (2011-007)
- Voluntary redundancy program guidelines (2011-023)
- Agency change management guidelines (2011-014)
- Case management and redeployment guidelines (2011-009)
- Managing excess employees - Advice to agencies (Parental Leave) (2011-010)
- Managing excess employees - Advice to agencies (Workers Compensation) (2011-011)
- Managing excess employees - Advice to agencies (Agency Case Management) (2011-021)
- Voluntary redundancy: Superannuation Implications (2011-013)
- Changes to the Management of Excess Employees (Ministerial Memo M2011-11)
- Transfer of Government Sector services or functions to the Non-Government Sector (Ministerial Memo M2016-02)
- M2016-02-Transfer of Government Sector services or functions to the Non-Government Sector
- PSC Circular 2011-01, Voluntary Redundancy Programs (PDF 113.4KB)
- Treasury Circular 12/01, Funding for Redundancy Payments