Delivering Business Results
Executives in the NSW Public Sector face increasingly complex challenges in a dynamic political, economic and social environment. This requires making critical decisions on community and business needs, crafting these into compelling business cases, and communicating with multiple stakeholders.
This program will strengthen your performance in delivering results by building on your existing knowledge and skills in these areas:
- understanding and fully utilising available technology
- design-thinking and innovation techniques
- strategies for creating high performing teams
- cross-cluster collaboration to discover better solutions
- persuasive and effective communication
The program has three elements delivered over four days:
- A two-day module using a scenario based learning approach to immediately apply the presented ideas, models and processes to real world challenges
- An Action Learning Project in small teams, supported by facilitated peer coaching sessions. This is aimed at developing and honing the new capabilities through “deliberate” practice in your work environment.
- Another two day module which culminates in a presentation to a panel of Secretaries and other senior Public Sector and Community representatives. The focus is on honing your ability to present solutions to complex problems in a manner that is easily understood by key stakeholders and Executive audiences.
This Program is suited to all Band 2 executives. Experienced Band 1 executives can also be nominated.
This program has been designed to build stronger capabilities in strategic thinking, innovation and problem solving and is underpinned by powerful, practical tools and frameworks that can be readily applied. Participants also learn valuable skills to communicate with greater impact and persuasiveness.
Program participants earn four credit points toward a Certificate in Executive and Management Development (CEMD). This program requires a total of 12 credits to complete. The CEMD can be credited towards two subjects in the MBA(X) pathway.
Public Sector Specific
Delivered by AGSM Executive Education, this program has been tailored to the public sector and includes content on strategic finance and procurement to provide senior managers with insights and perspectives, practices and tools to manage today’s “wicked” problems.
Delivering Business Results program will be delivered in the second half of 2017. Program dates are provided below:.
- Monday 9 October 2017 (Module 1)
- Tuesday 10 October 2017 (Module 1)
- Thursday 16 November 2017 (Module 2)
- Friday 17 November 2017 (Module 2)
This is a four day program structured as follows:
- Module 1: 2 days face to face
- Action Learning Projects, coaching and mentoring: during the period between the face-to-face Modules 1 and 2
- Module 2: 2 days face to face including presentation of the action learning project to sponsoring agency executive or Secretary.
There is no formal assessment.
However, valuable feedback is provided to groups on the content, recommendations and presentation of their action learning projects.
This course is funded by NSW Public Service Commission.
How to apply
Expressions of interest endorsed by Secretary or Agency Head.
Name: Kate Alexander
Phone Number: 02 9272 6109