1.3 Other Legislation
Besides the Government Sector Employment Act 2013,there are other pieces of legislation which establishobligations for government sector employees to act inways which are ethical and in the public interest. Theselaws include:
- Public Finance and Audit Act 1983
- Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (For a practical example of how obligations under this legislation may apply, see the ethical scenario ‘An older applicant’ at page 130)
- Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009
- Public Interest Disclosures Act 1994
- Public Works and Procurement Act 1912
- Independent Commission Against Corruption Act 1988
- Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002
- Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998
- Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
- Government Advertising Act 2011
- Ombudsman Act 1974
- State Records Act 1998
- Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998
- Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012
- Crimes Act 1900.
This is not an exhaustive list. At certain times, or whendoing certain work, employees will have additionalobligations under other legislation.